Writing A Research Question 7-Step Template
All research begins with a research question.
Although important for the research process, many researchers find it difficult to turn valid and relevant issues into logical research questions. This template provides a straightforward 7-step walk-through guide to support your journey on how to create an innovative research question and hypothesis.
👩🏽🏫 This bundle includes:
- 📄 11 A4 pages, in PDF format
- ⏰ Task checklist listing the 9 characteristics of an excellent research question, points to look for when editing, points to look for when ready to submit
- 👩🏽🏫 7-step guide and content detail for how to start from a broad subject of interest to revising the question and creating a hypothesis
- 🖊 Brainstorm map for idealisation of thoughts
- 📑 Research reading summary guide - guide questions to think about when reading any research article
- 📁 Open-ended questions to guide towards identifying the gap in literature
- 📌 Formulation of hypothesis using the PICOT model
Use this template in THREE unique ways:
- 📩 Download onto a tablet or laptop and use an app like Notability or Evernote to digitally write straight onto the template
- 🖨 Print 1 copy of the essay planner and insert into a paper sleeve or laminate each sheet. You now have a wipeable product, which will allow you to write straight onto the page + wipe it clean for every assignment.
- 📝 Send the template to binders to be printed & use directly
🎬 Watch the video below for a walk through video of the template
🎬 Watch the video below for top tips to write a strong research proposal
📱 Find The Page Doctor on TikTok and Instagram for more content.
Our templates are non-refundable and non-exchangeable. We do not issue refunds for any reason, including but not limited to technical issues, dissatisfaction with the product, or changes in personal circumstances. By purchasing our templates, you agree to these terms and understand that all sales are final.
All content and materials included in our templates, such as text, graphics, logos and images, are the property of The Page Doctor Ltd. You may not reproduce, distribute, or otherwise use any of the materials or content in our templates without express written permission from our company. Any unauthorised use may result in legal action.
A complete 11-page printable research question development guide, including 7-steps from broad subject identification to narrowing the scope and focus of research